O nata lux
- Composed: 3-5 August 2023
- Duration: c. 1.5 mins.
- Instrumentation: 3-part choir (SAB)
- First performance: Great St Mary’s Occasional Choir at Great St Mary’s, Cambridge on the 6 August 2023.
- Notes: I wrote this little anthem for the Great St Mary’s Occasional Choir to sing on the Feast of the Transfiguration in August 2023. We had no tenors available, so it is written for 3-part SAB choir. The piece uses a familiar rhythm for this text, taken from Thomas Tallis’ setting of the same words, but develops it in combination with 21st century harmonic language.
- Scores of this piece are available, but we have yet to add it to the web shop page. Please contact us if you would like to enquire about this piece.