- Composed: September 2014 - July 2016
- Duration: c. 28-30 min
- Instrumentation: String Quartet
- Notes: Written as the final part of my PhD submission in 2016, this quartet explores — in what could be seen as something like a musical essay — thoughts about my compositional style. In particular, it explores my approach to forms, structures and harmonic language as a composer working in the early 21st century, but with a keen sense of the historical sweep associated with the quartet medium.
- Programme note: Coming soon
- Scores of this piece are available to purchase. Please click here to purchase scores and/or performance materials.